life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Life

Is school really almost over? Am I actually getting sad about this?

Today in art as I was cleaning out my paint tray, washing my extra pigment down the sink, I got a little bit sad. Yes, I did feel like I was wasting precious paint. Yes, I was sad that I wouldn't be using that watercolor again in Mrs. Seal's class. Yes, I was sad that I might not be painting every day this summer. Yes, I was even sad that the end of the year was so close: next week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed for summer. But this summer is my last summer as a kid. I'm turning eighteen in September, and I'm going to be a senior next year. I'm growing up. I'm getting my first job ever this summer, I'm taking the ACT again this September, I'm going to be applying for colleges in the fall, I'm going to be graduating from high school and childhood forever next spring.

This is crazy!

I'm really excited for all of this, but at the same time I'm a little bit scared. I don't know what lies ahead for me, and that can be a little frightening at times. But I know it will be an adventure, and I'm going to make my senior year the best year of high school. Nothing will get in my path.

Some high school highlights from this year:


  1. Prom. I got to wear a beautiful dress and have one of the funnest nights of my life! (Not to forget the funniest, nicest gentleman that asked me. (: It was a blast!)
  2. Asking boys to Sadie Hawkins Dance, and attending said dance as well. :)




  3. Irish Dance! It's my life.


  4. Getting my Young Woman Medallion (now for my Honor Bee...)
  5. Taking the AP Language and Composition Test. Contrary to how attitudes usually are towards tests, this one was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed it.
  6. Girls Camp. I love that place. And those girls, they're my best friends.



  7. Turning seventeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment