life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

If I Lost it all Tomorrow...

I saw this really interesting quote the other day. It went something along the lines of, "What if you woke up tomorrow with everything you thanked God for today?"

That thought really changed my perspective, and I honestly thanked my Father in Heaven for every single thing I was grateful for before I went to bed. It still didn't even cover the list. The point is, I think we all need to be a little bit more grateful and realize just how blessed each of us is.

I'm so grateful for all my wonderful friends I have. They're so thoughtful, supportive, influential, awesome, and so many other words I can't even begin to describe. I don't know where I would be without them, and I hope they all know just how much they mean to me.

I'm also very grateful for my family, even though I know I don't act like it sometimes.

I'm grateful for school, even though you've probably heard me complain about it before. I really do value my education, and this year I've made some goals for myself, so that I don't get behind as much or forget to turn in work or any other past mistakes. I really want to do well this year, and I have a feeling it's going to be a really good year.

So for all of you out there reading this, I hope you're grateful for everything you have, whether you believe in God or not. Because I promise you, we can all find something to be grateful for; some of us might have to dig harder than others, but we can all find something. It's your attitude that counts, not the events around your life. As long as you stay positive, you'll be happy. It's your choice. So make the right one, even if it's hard. Try and keep a positive outlook, and know that sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better.

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment