life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

More About Me:

For this post I've decided to post some things about myself. Stuff I really love, hate, anything from A-Z.

If you can't tell from my other blog I have, The Literacy Society, I LOVE reading. My life would be completely miserable without it. I love being able to escape into another world and have any sort of adventure you wish there. I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, and I'm really enjoying it.


I loved the movie. Short little story here, I went against my number one rule when it comes to books and movies. If they make a movie about a book, I can't see it until I've read the book. Like Harry Potter, or The Help. Now, I wasn't aware at the time that The Secret Life of Bees was a book that was made into a movie, so I saw the movie, and shortly thereafter discovered there was a book. And I never got around to reading it until now. So you'll probably hear either here or on my other blog what I think of it when I'm done.

Another thing in life I couldn't live without: Irish Step Dancing. If I lost a foot, or my legs were amputated for some reason, I think it would kill me. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to dance! It's so much fun, it's good exercise, and I love all my friends from dance. They're the best. :) If you've ever heard of "Lord of the Dance", "Riverdance", or Michael Flatley, then you'll know what I'm talking about. And no, it's not tapping or clogging or anything.


My favorite dance I do is called the Hornpipe. It's a hard shoe dance (the shoes are pictured above), and I think I love it so much because you just get to pound out awesome-sounding rhythms. I can't find the words to describe how much I love it.

Also, I couldn't live without my family. I know sometimes -- or maybe a lot of the time, I dunno -- they think I don't like them, or they're weird, or obnoxious or whatnot, but I love them a lot. My parents are the best. They're young, and cool, and I can't imagine having better parents. My brothers are the bomb too, even though they can be a little obnoxious sometimes. I hope they can say I'm a good sister too, and I'll definitely try to work on that.

Now, I won't even start on the joys of music.

Hopefully you enjoyed reading a little more about me, and if you already knew a lot, hopefully you learned something new. :) Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, everyone.

Over and out.

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment