life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Luck O' The Irish


Top o' the mornin' to ya, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

(Okay, so I know it's not morning anymore, but still... I had to say it.)

Anyway, I hope you all have had a fantastic day! And I hope you remembered to wear your green, otherwise you should have gotten a few pinches today! (wink, wink)

Honestly, this is one of my favorite holidays. Yeah, we don't give gifts, but that may be one of the reasons I like it most. I love the Irish culture and tradition, and it might help that I do Irish Step Dancing, so this holiday is always a busy one for me. :)

This year the Shelley Irish Dance Company (SIDC), which I am a proud member of, went to five different elementary schools yesterday and performed during assemblies. It was a lot of fun, and totally worth the sore feet and legs. In fact, it's one of the best feelings in the world. I love Irish Dance, and I always will. I like to joke that I'm going to be a crazy old lady doing jigs in her nineties and embarrassing her grandchildren because they'll have a crazy gramma.

But I'm okay with that!

Do you have any fun St. Pat's traditions? Any fond or funny memories?

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment