life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15, 2012


Well, today is Sunday. How has my day been so far? Despite not wanting to wake up at 7:00 to start getting ready for church, a hot shower was a very nice way to start out my day. My family and I actually made it on time to church today and I'm really glad we went.

Sacrament meeting was definitely something I needed to hear today; the feeling I walked out of the meeting with was even better. Sunday school was fabulous and I know I'm really going to enjoy that class this year. I'm really excited that we get to study the Book of Mormon for an entire year -- maybe that's just because I'm almost done reading the entire Book of Mormon by myself for the first time for Personal Progress, but whatever the reason, I'm really glad.

Young Women's was also really great. What I got out of the lesson was ways to develop a stronger relationship with the Savior and how to strengthen our testimony and lead the lives we should be living.

I can't express to you all just how much I love the gospel, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. If you haven't been able to know for yourself just how much He and our Heavenly Father love each and every one of us, then I strongly encourage you to seek for that -- because it's the best feeling in the world. Without this gospel, I wouldn't be able to know that I always have someone I can go to in times of trouble or whenever I'm in need, and who will always love me no matter what. To be able to understand and KNOW that I am never alone is always a wonderful feeling. And even if times are getting hard, it doesn't mean my Father in Heaven isn't watching over me or has forgotten about me, or even that He loves me any less; it's just a time in my life for me to learn and grow closer to Him and my Savior.

I know it's hard to always be positive about life and to have a good attitude when things might be really hard. But being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has helped me so much to become a stronger and better person, as well as having a smiling face when times are trying.

I know this church is true, and I know that President Monson is a Prophet of God. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon, and I'm so grateful that he did. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to study from it each day.

I strongly encourage anyone who reads this to go out there and discover for yourself just how much your Heavenly Father loves you; He is there, and He cares about you -- He cares about each and every one of us.

I've had a really great day today, and I hope all of you are having a great day as well. Enjoy the beautiful weather, and take advantage of the holiday in front of you tomorrow. Go on a hike, read a good book, accomplish something on your To-Do list.

Peace Like A River.

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment