life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Twelve Years Ago Today; Wow, What A Long Time! (Day Number 6):



Well folks, sorry it's been such a long time since I've last posted! I've had a really busy last two weeks! This past weekend, I went down to Moab, Utah for a youth conference. It was a BLAST! We went river rafting down the Colorado River -- if you ever get the opportunity to do that, DO IT! It was so much fun, and totally worth it. Floating down a river is one of the funnest things I have ever done, not to mention going through some pretty awesome rapids (they aren't as bad as you would think).

This week I've been busy getting ready for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2! It comes out tomorrow night at midnight (or you could say Friday morning at 12:00 if you wanted). It's hard to believe that this is the last Harry Potter movie ever to come to theaters! It's kind of a sad thought, but I'm really excited at the same time. It's going to be so awesome! I think I might dress up as Rita Skeeter, but I'm not sure. My friend Kelsey is dressing up as Luna Lovegood. It's going to be awesome! I'm going with Kelsey, Lizzy, and Brian. Poor Brian, he'll be the only boy; but hey, this was his idea. It'll be a ton of fun, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm on the fourth book, and I have to finish the seventh one tomorrow by midnight. I bet I can do it though, no problem.

So, today is my Diabetes Anniversary. I have Juvenile Diabetes (Type 1). I've had it for twelve years today, and boy it has been a journey. Sometimes it gets really frustrating and annoying to take care of, but it's not that bad for the most part. I'm grateful I don't have cancer or something. It's hard to believe that I've had it for twelve years; that seems like such a long time! It hasn't really been an eventful day so far though. I've been really tired and lazy, and I haven't done a whole lot. But that's okay.

Last night I went to the gym with my mom at midnight -- the latest I've ever gone to the gym. I swam laps, and it was pretty nice because there weren't very many people there. But I was really tired when I got home, for sure.

I think after this I will go get dressed for the day (even though it's almost seven) and try to accomplish at least something useful today. :P

Hope you all had a nice day!

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment