life's an awkward journey we all have to go through, so we might as well entertain others as we do it!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Advocate


One of my many advocates is my mom. 

My mom has been there for me every step of the way. She's my number one advocate, my number one supporter, my number one cheerleader. She makes managing my diabetes a little bit easier. I don't know what I would do without her. 

She's the one most disappointed (next to me of course) when my care isn't as good as it could be. 

She's the one who researches the most up-to-date appliances for managing my Diabetes. 

She's the one who encourages me to do better each day. 

I've had a lot of support from so many people: my dad, my brothers, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents. Support with Diabetes is so important. Without their support I don't know that I would have made it this far. 

My name is Sadie Williams and I've been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes for 14 years, 3 months, and 25 days. 

--Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment